Thursday, December 30, 2004

Free food is everywhere

Between people bringing in holiday cookies, vendors sending gift baskets and office holiday lunches and potlucks the available chow is everywhere. Starting a few days prior to Christmas I began not eating my normal low-carb fare. I figured why should I deny myself special treats and be miserable while everyone else is happy and enjoying yummy foods?

So I ate everything I normally don't. I had rolls with my dinner, ate candy and cookies and had potatoes and pizza. I figured I would put on a few pounds and just lose it again starting next week. Much to my suprise, I have actually lost a pound since I last weighed myself a week and a half ago. I guess I've adjusted my habits to not over indulge and having those few treats hasn't thrown my whole system into fat storage mode. While I'm not counting on this trend continuing, it is a relief to have enjoyed holiday goodies without porking up.

So, I'm going to press my luck and enjoy snacks and drinks for our new year's eve party and then go back to my normal diet. Perhaps the slight spike in blood sugar levels over two weeks has reset some metabolic mechanisms and my diet will be more affective when I return to it. Here's hoping I can get down another 5 pounds by the end of February. Wish me luck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home