Saturday, April 30, 2005

Dental Joy

I went to the dentist for the first time in about 14 years this morning. I'm in pretty good shape for not having any work done in so long. I don't want to go because I simply do not like the pain and I can't use novacaine for various reasons. This is the first time I've seen this guy and he seems OK. I have my first appointment for work in 3 weeks. He's going to do a scaling which is a deep below the gumline plaque scraping. It might be painful, but I'll have to do it without novacaine until I can see an allergist. So, I'm already freaking out about it. And, this isn't even the 7 fillings I need which will be more painful.

He said I should call the day before the appointment if I was feeling nervous and thinking about skipping out. He would perscribe me a Valium to take the edge off and encouraged me to not miss the treatment. I've never had Valium before, so I'm still not sure.

Well, enough blathering about my boring life...

Either tomorrow or Monday we'll be hitting the Chinese buffet in Montgomery IL. I'll post a detailed review shortly there after, typing while my belly is still bursting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home