Monday, March 21, 2005

Where has my motivation gone?

I have so many things I need to do and not one bit of desire or energy to do them. Usually I can find a task and focus, often to excess, on it. Lately I have been trudging through. I get my schoolwork done and scrape by doing enough work to keep out of trouble. But, none of the projects I have are getting any attention. I haven't even done those goofy restaurant reviews from our last vacation that I promised y'all.

Coffee doesn't help. Spring is here and days are getting longer, but the extra sunlight isn't helping. Yes, I do have a window in my cube that I keep the blinds open on. I don't think it's physical or psychological. It's a cyclical boredom issue.

I used to get extremely bored or frustrated with my job every 2 years or so. I would change jobs or companies and start fresh. Sometimes it was by choice, sometimes it was forced (the company went under in 2 cases). This seemed to get me on track to restart the cycle and move my life forward. The motivation would return in combination with the life change. Now I have a GOOD job and no reason to leave other than being bored out of my mind. Plus, financially it would be selfish and stupid for me to leave.

So, I need to figure out a way to rediscover my motivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home