Friday, September 10, 2004

Anxiety over nothing

This morning I woke up worrying. I'm not exactly sure why and it wasn't about anything specific, just lots of little things. So, I nibbled my way through breakfast on the train with a knot in my stomache. I walked to work with the iPod going and tried to get into the music and stop thinking about "what if?"s. It sorta worked, there were moments of relief.

Now that I've gotten through over 2 hours of the work day and nothing has gone wrong I'm finally starting to relax. I can't tell if having that cup of coffee helped or made it worse. I know that if I got a headache from lack of caffeinne it would have been worse.

The only thing left to worry about now is the pittance I brought for lunch. We're on a tight budget and don't have the money to go out to eat for lunch. So, I'm supposed to bring my lunch every day. I'm on a low-carb diet so I can't just grab anything and run. This morning I grabbed a cheese stick, a protien bar and a diet soda for breakfast. But, lunch is only a protein shake and some mild cheddar from a chunk I have in the fridge. Dinner is going to be a long way from lunch and my tummy will be very grumbly about it. I guess if mild hunger pangs are the worst thing I have to stress over it'll be OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home